- Warren MP, Richardson O, Chaudhry S, Shu AD, Swica Y, Sims VR, Sloan NL. Quality of life and hypertension after hormone therapy withdrawal in New York City. Menopause. 2013 Apr 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Swica Y, Chong E, Middleton T, Prine L, Gold M, Schreiber CA, Winikoff B. Acceptability of home use of mifepristone for medical abortion. Contraception. 2012 Nov 21. doi:pii: S0010-7824(12)00951-1. 10.1016/j.contraception.2012.10.021. [Epub ahead of print]
- Winikoff B, Dzuba, I, Chong E, Goldberg A, Lichtenberg ES, Ball C, Dean G, Sacks D, Crowden W, Swica Y. Extending outpatient medical abortion services through 70 days of gestational age. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2012 Nov;120(5):1070-6.
- Swica Y. Treating Osteoporosis. Letter to the Editor. New York Times. Sept 3, 2012.
09/04/health/treating- osteoporosis.html?_r=1&ref= science
Treating Osteoporosis (1 Letter)
Published: September 3, 2012
To the Editor:
“Too Many Bone Tests for Some, and Too Few for Others” (The Consumer. Aug. 28) neglects to mention one effective and well-tolerated treatment for postmenopausal women under 65 who are at high risk for osteoporosis: hormone replacement therapy. The reduction in fracture risk associated with use of hormone therapy is comparable to that from bisphosphonate drugs, and its use addresses the most salient cause of this disease that so disproportionately affects older women: loss of estrogen.
Yael Swica, M.D.
- Swica Y, Raghavan S; Bracken H; Dabash R, Winikoff, B. Review of the literature on patient satisfaction with early medical abortion using mifepristone and misoprostol. Expert Review of Obstretrics and Gynecology, Volume 6, Number 4, July 2011 , pp. 451-468(18)
- Swica, Y. Modern methods of abortion. Journal Watch Women’s Health. July 2009.
- Blum J, Swica Y. Proposal for the inclusion of misoprostol in the WHO list of essential medicines. Successfully submitted to the 17th WHO Expert Committee on Essential Medicines on behalf of Gynuity Health Projects, March 2009. http://www.who.int/selection_medicines/committees/expert/17/application/Miso_Incl_2.pdf
- Yarnall J, Swica Y, Winikoff. Non-physician clinicians can safely provide first trimester medical abortion. Reproductive Health Matters. 2009 May;17(33):61-9.
- Swica Y, Winikoff B. Setting up a medical abortion service for failure. Letter to Editor. Fertility and Sterility. 2009 May;91(5):e25.
- Swica Y, Westhoff C. Comparison of serum markers for thrombophilia and autoimmune disease in reproductive age women with and without false positive rapid plasma reagin tests. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2009 Aug;62(2):73-7.
- Swica Y. The transdermal patch and the vaginal ring: two novel methods of combined hormonal contraception. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. 2007, Mar;34(1):31-42.
- Swica Y, Westhoff, C. Update on new contraceptive choices. J Clinical Outcomes Management. 2006 Aug;13(8):447-455.
- Swica Y, Breitbart W. Treating pain in patients with AIDS and a history of substance abuse. Western J Med. 2002 Jan; 176(1):33-9.
- Swica Y, Koehler A, Ackerman B. Lies, damn lies, and statistics: why there is no epidemic of melanoma. Dermatopathology: Practical and Conceptual. 2001 Oct/Dec 7(4):347-354.
- Swica Y. Teaching medical ethics at Tufts. Tufts Medicine. 1998 (spring):40.
- Lewis DO, Yeager CA, Swica Y, Pincus JH, Lewis M. Objective documentation of child abuse and dissociation in 12 murderers with dissociative identity disorder. American J of Psychiatry. 1997 Dec;154(12):1703-10.
- Swica Y, Lewis DO, Lewis M. Child abuse and dissociative identity disorder: the documentation of childhood maltreatment and the corroboration of symptoms. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 1996;5(2):431-447.